Sunday 13 February 2011

Sunday 6 Feb 11 – Sea Kayaking


Lady Elizabeth, Stanley
Agreeing to go kayaking with Tina seemed like a good idea at the time! Tina works with the Navy and was really buoyed up (no pun intended) to go out on the water. I’ve only ever experienced sea kayaking once before on the River Fal in Cornwall and I nearly stopped breathing with fear! So I was up for having another go. We got in touch with the adventure training centre and jacked up a date – which came around all too quickly for my liking. Not wanting to let anyone down, I was carried along by the momentum of the day and it wasn’t until I was getting changed in to my dry suit that I started panting and having my OMG moments! The kayaks were loaded on to the wagon and we were driven down to the sheltered water by the wreck of the Lady Elizabeth. The water was turquoise and the wreck obscured my view of the open water the other side … happy days! I’m glad I did it, if only to say I have paddled on the South Atlantic Ocean, but I really am a land lubber!